Which leads me to thinking thoughts of tweed, corduroy and woolens. I'm dreaming of knitting sweaters. Full on worsted or bulky weight sweaters. I want to cast them all on. I'm restraining myself though. When I last looked at my Projects Page on Ravelry, I found have 9 projects that I'm actively working on. Yikes. 9!! And when I did a bit more research, I realized I have 17 projects that are hibernating. Ahem. REALLY??? 17!!! Wow.
And the funny thing is, once I realized I had 26 projects (!!!!) currently on the needles, it has now become my mission to finish some of those off. ASAP. Stat.
So...I certainly must get some goals underway. Enough of the summertime relaxation thinking. Time to buckle down and get to work. I want to clear some of them off before I start Christmas knitting.
My goals for the remainder of August and September are:
1. Finish Welting Fantastic Socks - one sock is finished without the heel, and I've started the second sock.
|Welting Fantastic Sock|
2. Finish Sorbet Socks - these are actually going to be a Christmas gift so that's two incentives to get them done!) I've actively been knitting on these every morning before my brain has woken up ;) I'm almost done the leg of the first toe-up afterthought heel sock.
3. Finish Where's the Opaque Sweater - this should be fairly easy to do since I'm actively trying to get this done to wear before the cooler daytime weather arrives. The front and back are already finished, and I'm now working on the two sleeves.
|Where's the Opaque Sweater|
5.Whip off the second Emerald Raspberry mitten - another Christmas gift with additional incentive, and they're tiny in comparison to the sweaters!
6. Finish Brickless which is part of the Yarns at Yin Hoo Asymmetrical KAL - deadline is the end of September. This is an active project that I've been knitting on every day at lunch. I'm really enjoying this knit! I'm already about half way finished.
7. Steek (EEK!!) Francis Revisited sweater to make it into an, ahem, larger size as a cardigan (Note for Future: Swatching for gauge is good. Lesson learned. Moving on.), add buttonbands and finish neck.
8. Finish the Not Manos Jacket. This will be perfect for fall. And I thought in 2011 (!!!) that I would have it done for the new year. HA. Really need to get this long time hibernating project off the needles.
9. Work on February Fitted Pullover at Lace Knitting Nights.
10. Work on Cabled Yoke Sweater - another Christmas gift, and I'm at the stockinette stitch portion, so it should be relatively straight forward!
|Cabled Yoke Sweater|
10. Make decisions about frogging the remaining Hibernating Projects, or whether I will buckle down and continue to get them done.
11. Plan my Reward Cast On Sweater to start when I've finished all these projects!! I'm thinking this one will probably take the most time out of the entire list!!
Well...I don't think that will leave much time for other fibrely pursuits, such as sewing or spinning. I am trying to keep in mind that most of these projects are already well on their way to completion, or active knits, so this should be a relatively realistic list. I am also going to print this off and hang it in about a million places around the house to remind me of what I think I can accomplish in the next five weeks. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!!