Here were my goals for June:
2. Continue working on the second sleeve for the Custom Comfy Fade Cardigan. It's currently too bloody hot to wear this (or even knit on it) but I will need (and want) it at some point this summer, and just can't wait to wear it when it's cool enough. I haven't touched this yet - it's been just too hot to work on this.
What wasn't on my list but what I did was to pick up one of my long languishing projects and work on it. I'm feeling rather overwhelmed with all of the projects I've got on the go and would like to clear off some of the needles before starting anything new. I've picked up the Traveller project (link to my Revelry works in progress is in the sidebar) and am working on this instead of a plain vanilla sock.
1. Sew a pair of cropped Sew Over It Ultimate Trousers - these would make the perfect summer pants in a medium weight cotton, IMHO. They would go very nicely with the new ballet flats I've purchased. Plus I've got these on my #makenine2018. Nope. My sewing mojo was limited in June because of the shirt dress project I chose.
2. Sew a Sew Over It Ella Blouse to coordinate with the aforementioned SOI Ultimate Trousers. I have the perfect fabric picked out already, I just need to find some coordinating fabric for the pants. Also on my #makenine2018. Also nope - see excuse in #1.
3. The Beverly Bikini by Named Clothing. While packing for my recent trip, I discovered I was woefully short on bathing suits I want to be seen in public in. This would be perfect for a beach trip (yet to be scheduled, but now I've got an incentive for both!) I pulled the pattern and it's sitting on my cutting table with fabric, so it's a start! I needed a boost with a TNT project after my shirt dress disaster, and chose a bikini out of a modified Orange Boylston bra and Ohhh Lulu Sophia panty. The bottoms are done and the top just needs the back closure.
2. Finish Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain. Anthony, I'll miss you. You've got an amazing point of view on life, food and travel that I discovered only a few years ago. I devoured your TV shows and now I'm working my way through your books. Thank you for all you've shared. I'm so very sad you struggled and couldn't carry on. I'm still working my way through this book. I often read at bedtime, but going to bed late has made it difficult to do much reading. That being said, he writes so similarly to how he narrated his many TV shows, and this book is very enjoyable to read.
3. Start another book by Anthony Bourdain (I purchased a few upon hearing about this death) I'll carry this over to my goals for July.
4. Read Sisi by Allison Pataki. Sisi was a beloved yet eccentric Austrian-Hungarian Habsburg Empress whose apartments I toured when in Vienna recently. I read the first book about Sisi by Allison Pataki, called Accidental Empress and couldn't wait for the next book, Sisi, to be released. Seeing her apartments reminded me of the release of the book, which I also subsequently purchased. I haven't started this one yet since the next Gail Bowen anthology came up for borrowing from the library and I started that one instead. If this book was anything like the first one, it will be a quick and easy read that I'll start when I'm done the Gail Bowen books.
1. Continue yoga 3x/week. Accomplished!
2. Start kickboxing and kettlebells workouts. Dragonboat season is upon us and I really need to kick up the core workouts (see what I did there?! Kick...kickboxing...haha) Nope. Didn't do any of either...
3. Focus on incorporating more vegetables into my diet. I am typically woefully short on them in my daily diet, and summer is the perfect time to enjoy them. I did well when I had time. Then work got crazy and I relied too much on fast food/Skip the Dishes for eating and my veggie intake suffered.
Okie dokie. Here are my July goals!
1. Finish Traveller project.
2. Start and finish June PSC club socks.
3. Start July PSC club socks.
1. Finish Boylston bathing suit top.
2. Sew Beverly twist bikini set.
3. Plan and start sewing Bonjour Ete Sudoku capsule wardrobe.
4. Choose pattern and fabric from stash for my brother's wedding in August, and sew mockup/toile.
5. Sew Deklan a beach coverup.
1. Finish Gail Bowen's second anthology.
2. Finish Kitchen Confidential.
3. Start Sisi.
I'm going to stop listing yoga on this as a goal. It would seem that I've managed to make this a habit.
1. Some type of core training 3x/week, whether this be kickboxing, ab workouts, or plank challenges.
2. Weight training 2x/week
That about sums it up. Not sure if these are realistic or not, but that will remain to be seen! What about you? How are your summer goals coming along?