I will start this blog by publicly publishing that I am hoping to avoid stash enhancement activities from July 2011 to December 2011. I have things that I'd like to do outside of my knitting world *gasp - I know!* I have been spending every spare cent on my knitting life these last few months, and my stash has become rather, ahem, large. Of course, that hasn't happened in just in the past few months, mind you. While photographing and organizing my stash for Ravelry (and moth protection), I have realized that it has reached SABLE proportions (for those of you unfamiliar with SABLE, it means Stash Acquired Beyond Life Expectancy), and I need do whatever I can in order to knit it down in the next few months. I'm hoping that by swearing to myself that I will HAVE to post any stash enhancement activities, I will keep true to my goal. I will await public flogging, but I know you knitters out there are a friendly sort, and will at the very least ohh and ahh over my acquisitions. In the very least, I'm hoping that I will think twice before filling up my cart with all sorts of lovely yarn and charging it to my well used credit card.
Recent Stash Enhancements include these lovelies from See Jayne Knits http://www.etsy.com/shop/seejayneknityarns, which I don't actually have in my hot little hands yet, but once this darned Canada Post strike is done, I will see these sock yarns in my mailbox:
|Blue Jeans and Barnwood|
|Fishy Wishy in a Dishy|
These lovelies will keep me busy for the next little while, that's for certain. I just couldn't resist these colourways, which are unlike any I've got in my stash. And I know this because I've just gone through all of the sock yarn in my stash.
I have a few knitting goals for the month of July 2011:
- Finish Mother's Day Socks for Mom - these are in progress, and well on the way to being completed
- Finish Vampire Boyfriend Socks again, these are in progress, but have been hibernating forever. I want to finish these
- Finish Plain Vanilla Socks, version 2 yes, another pair in progress. These are my purse knitting socks. Because if I tell you that, it justifies me having three pairs of socks on the go at once.
- Finish cable ribbing portion of Melissa's Ski Sweater
- Pick a shawl pattern, and start it!
- Start a pair of socks in one of the See Jayne Knits Yarns, if Canada Post ever gets back to work.
Lofty goals, but I do have a week of vacation coming up, and could probably pick off Goal 1, 2 and 3 during that time.
Bear with me, my knitting friends. I have a lot to learn about blogging. I have not done this before, and there will be a learning curve, I'm sure.