Thursday, June 23, 2011

Not One Stitch

That's right, not one stitch was knit by me yesterday.  Not one.  I did, however, play with my yarn.  I'm in the midst of the monumental task of cataloguing all of my stash and entering it into Ravelry.  And yes, it is a monumental task.  I have finished the bookshelf with the DK, worsted weight and chunky weights, as well as the half-bookshelf with the sock yarns.


Half-bookshelf with Sock Yarn
Bookshelf with Anything Heavier than Sock Yarn

They've all been photographed, organized, entered into Ravelry and repackaged into Ziploc bags.  I'm terrified of a moth infestation after reading about some people's woes on a sock knitting board, so I figured I'd do what I could to keep that nonsense at bay.  For the most part, they've been organized by colourway.

I only have three (small) shelves to go.

I learned today that Ravelry has an awesome feature - you can download your entered stash as an Excel file! Let me tell you - what a great way to inventory for insurance purposes!  I've printed it out and am going to keep an up-to-date copy with my important household papers.  I'm very happy about this feature.

I'm off on vacation as of tomorrow night, and I've already packed my knitting projects - way too many, I'm sure, but I certainly don't want to run the risk of running out of yarn while I'm away!  I'm taking my mother's socks, my first ever toe up pair (I'm halfway through the second sock and got sidetracked by learning two at a time), My Vampire Boyfriend (these are haunting me - I just want to get them done!), and my Plain Vanilla 2.2.  If that doesn't keep me busy enough, I've brought along another ball of self-striping yarn just in case.

And oh!  Exciting News!!  The best part is that I've been able to secure a spot on Tempted's Burlesque Sock Club!!  Oh yay!  An early birthday present to me! <insert happy dance here> I am terribly excited about this, especially since I've been watching the Knit Girllls' podcasts while I've been working on the organization project and hearing about how wonderful these yarns and Stacy are.   I know, I know, it's only two days after writing about needing to go on a yarn diet, but it really isn't July yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment