Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Hello Coordination!!

Hooray!  I had a really productive day on Saturday, followed by skiing all day on Sunday (yup, in the rain no less) and sleeping in terribly late on Monday (nothing like getting up at 8 to be in at work at 8:30 LOL. Fortunately I have a really great friend who phoned wondering where I was or I would have slept the whole morning away).  Zoinks as Shaggy would say.

Anyway, back to the focus of this post...THE KITCHEN!

Without further ado, here are the crappy cellphone pictures results of my efforts.  I promise to take higher quality photographs with my gorgeous new camera, but that will take a moment or two to get them transferred over, and I want to share these with you NOW!!!

Appliance Cart aka Kitchen Office
(holds pens, paper, notepads, stapler, etc.) 

Curtain for the bookshelf holding my cookbooks,
just to tidy it all up.  I have yet to add a piece of
weathered stained wood for the top
to make it even prettier

Large print toile for the large window

Ticking fabric for the small window

Breadmaker cover on the appliance cart/office

I cannot believe the difference a few curtains have made.  It adds such a cozy, homey feeling to the room, and it makes it feel "finished."  All without painting or replacing the countertop!

To do yet:  Curtain tie backs for both the small and large windows, apron, potholders, tablecloths, and placemats.

Any other suggestions as to how to decorate your kitchen with fabric??  I have a TON left over!

I had a great suggestion from my mom to place a large mirror on top of the bookshelves where I keep the extra plateware, so I'm now on the hunt for a large mirror at the local thrift shops.  When summer comes, I'm hoping to paint those shelves white and add etching to the glass. (I have a thing about paint fumes, they don't make me feel very well).

No comments:

Post a Comment