I did a lot of local travel for work, including a two day conference in Kitchener, ON. I finished my work related course, studied like mad and finally wrote an exam for it (AND PASSED!!), and wrote an exam for my European Pattern Drafting - Skirts course. I am well into my Garment Making - Skirts course, which I am absolutely loving (and have only two assignments remaining, with one being the exam). I have registered for the European Pattern Drafting - Pants and Garment Making - Pants courses which will start at the end of January/beginning of February. And...drum roll please, here's a review of my goals!
Knitting Goals for November:
I haven't actually had a lot of knitting time this month. The time I would normally devote to knitting has been spent either sewing (homework) or studying for exams.
1. Finish Christmas Socks #1 Yeah. Nope, not finished, though I did finish the first gargantuan sock at knit night last night, and cast on the second one this morning, which is technically December, but let's avoid semantics, shall we?!
Sewing Goals for November:
I've spent more time sewing this month than I can remember doing in any month in the recent past. I attribute this to the sewing course I'm in, which has just juiced up the mojo!!
2. Cut and sew beige pleather/snakeskin jacket, M???? (It appears to be OOP and off McCall's website) This has been cut!!
7. Sew black and red flocked ponte de roma pencil skirt (already cut)
8. Sew mustard yellow fine-whaled corduroy gored skirt (also already cut) in progress! Just have to complete the hand sewing for the hem
Not on previously on my goals list but also completed are two bathrobes and eleven pairs of flannel pants (yes, 11 pairs of adult sized flannel pants!!) for Christmas presents.
Here's the pictures (not very exciting, I know, I really must get a tripod for my fabulous camera...)
|Before sewing, crazy tilt-y pile (only 9 out of 11 shown)|
|After sewing, neatly stacked pile of coziness (only 7 out of 11 shown)|
Knitting Goals for December:
1. Finish Christmas Socks #1
2. Finish Christmas Socks #3
3. Start Christmas Socks #4, and hopefully finish!
4. Make toys from 50 Yards of Fun by Rebecca Danger for stocking stuffers
Sewing Goals for December
1. Choose, cut and sew dress for work Christmas party (party is December 20)
2. Sew Original Skirt for exam for the Garment Sewing - Skirts course (Due December 21)
3. Cut and sew flannel pants for Christmas gifts (2 more pairs!)
I've also become totally obsessed with the TV show Scandal. I'm only on the first season, episode 6, but already Olivia Pope's become my idol, and her wardrobe is to DIE FOR!!! I've been a pinning mad-woman, creating a crazy huge virtual wardrobe for myself! (My Boards) I hope to knock off some of her clothing after all my Christmas sewing is done.