Friday, October 28, 2016

Random Thoughts


  • I checked the blog today and couldn't believe it has been almost a month since I last posted
  • That also means its been about a month since I've sewn anything!
  • I've traveled to New Orleans (5 days - work), London, Ontario (2 days - work), St. John's, Newfoundland (8 days - vacation) and Kingston, ON (4 days - work) this month
  • That is 19 days away from home
  • Plus I hosted Thanksgiving dinner, and had company for the long weekend
  • I'm home this weekend 
  • With no plans
  • Other than to sew  
  • And maybe do laundry (but who needs clean clothes when you can just make new ones?)
  • I broke my fabric-fast and bought a ton of fabric from Fabricland in Belleville earlier this week on my travels home from Kingston
  • I popped in, "just to see what they had that may have been different from my local Fabricland"
  • It turns out there was a lot that was different
  • Mostly because I've been avoiding going into the fabric store in an attempt to not buy fabric and use my stash
  • They had sweater knits that I just couldn't resist
  • It was snowing out (!!) so I justified the purchase because I needed to stay warm
  • And Christmas is coming
  • I bought only sweater knits in a variety of colours and weights but mostly grey and black and cream
  • Because those colours are sophisticated
  • And what my youngest daughter wears  
  • And two brushed flannel plaids for button-down shirts
  • Cream with red and cream with forest green
  • I bought them with thoughts of making them for my daughter, but now I may want to keep them one
  • I have plans for the Sew Over It Molly Dress, Mia Jeans and Pussy Bow Blouse and some sort of jean jacket this weekend.
  • And maybe a sweater or two
  • And a pair of Hudson pants
  • Something tells me I won't get all of that done, but it's nice to dream plan
  • This was my backyard this morning:
  • I'm thinking it's almost time to put the motorcycle away for the winter
  • And bunker down in the sewing room with the flannels and the sweater knits
What are you sewing this weekend?

1 comment:

  1. I hope you get a chance to sew this weekend...and can you PLEASE keep ALL of that snow up by you!

    ReplyDelete