Friday, June 8, 2018

Flutter-by

I'm well on my way to finishing the Spring in Prague SWAP, which is good, because my travel date is fast approaching!  My latest FO is a top from New Look 6648.

Image result for new look pattern drapey top

I chose View C with the wrap front and flutter sleeves.  I must have misplaced the waistband pattern piece the last time I sewed this as it wasn't in the envelope with the other pattern pieces, so I drafted one that I thought would be similar.  As luck would have it, I found the pattern piece tacked up to my bulletin board in my Atelier after cutting everything out, and it was remarkably similar to what I had suspected it would be.

 

My self-drafted waistband turned out to be longer than the pattern piece, but I really like it this length, which hits at the high hip.  I used the same olive green lightweight cotton/jersey that I used for my last make, the Infinity Dress.


I will definitely have to wear a cami underneath to keep the girls from showing themselves, but I like using camis as an accessory and to add a hit of colour.  And it has a great neckline for statement necklaces, which I love!


I finished the neckline with a self-fabric strip instead of the turn and stitch hem they recommend.  I just like this style finish better.  The pictures show a bit of wrinkling, but mostly because I've lightened the photographs to show the details better.

I love the loose style and feminine sleeves!

No comments:

Post a Comment