Monday, June 4, 2018

To Infinity and Beyond!!

There's a lot of buzz about Infinity Dresses on the interwebs these days. (See what I did there?  That's a Toy Story pun for those of you who are uninitiated...)  They make amazing travel pieces.   There are a number of different variations of Infinity Dresses, but I chose Butterick 5606.Image result for butterick 5606
B5606 uses a tank style dress as the "base", with an a-line skirt.  This is great for touring Europe as I can cover my shoulders if I'm going into churches or need to be more respectful.  I also can make it a bit less covered up if it is hot outside or if I'm going out for dinner.


This literally took me about an hour to complete the sewing.   I cut the size medium.  I used a lightweight cotton/lycra jersey in an olive green colour.  The ties are left raw (no sewing required!).  Next time, I'm going to use strips of self fabric to finish the neckline and armholes, instead of the turn and stitch method they suggest in the pattern.


You can wrap the ties in many different ways to change up the looks.


You can even turn the dress back-to-front to create even more looks.


I know  there are even more looks I can play with.  I will certainly be making more of these in different colours, as well as mixing up the styles - with a bandeau top, varying the skirt lengths and styles.  The best part is that it can be rolled up into your suitcase to go with you on the road!  I'm off to search my stash for more knits!

No comments:

Post a Comment