Thursday, February 23, 2012

Jinx!!

I think I jinxed myself with my last post.  Planning...yes, while I love to plan, life just simply isn't letting me go the route I had planned to go.  Last week was a right off for me, both in my personal life and work life.  And take this week as another example.  Instead of being on vacation, enjoying the outdoors and skiing with my girls, I am playing nursemaid to my youngest daughter who is home for reading week.  After a dentist appointment on Tuesday (my first day with her), she was scheduled for emergency surgery to remove her wisdom teeth on Wednesday.  Kinda puts a kibosh on the skiing and everything else we had planned to do!  Le sigh.  Well, I guess it is better that she was home for this episode instead of being half a continent away.

I haven't done much in the way of sewing lately.  When I get home, I'm simply exhausted.  That and I skied ALL last weekend (Friday night, Saturday and Sunday).   Thankfully I've been on holidays this week.  I have done some knitting though (mostly waiting for appointments and surgery), but alas, no pictures.  I finished the Franken Circle Socks, now known as Plain Vanilla version X.0 (I have no idea how many vanilla socks I've made at this point!), and I've started Wendy Johnson's Mock Cable Socks for a friend.  I'm using Knit Picks Stroll Tweed in Timber Tweed.  Rav'elled Here  I'm really enjoying these as a diversion, and I've taught myself how to cable without a cable needle (a little stressful at times, but once you get the hang of it, it works really well!).

Today, instead of skiing, I'll be shopping and hopefully making some jewelry when we get home!  I'm also hoping to catch up with the Wardrobe SAL, as I've been sadly neglecting the progress of my sewing friends too!

No comments:

Post a Comment