Thursday, January 26, 2012

I've Been Thinking...

I've been doing some thinking about which black slim ponte pants I'm going to sew.  I've narrowed it down to these two patterns:

Christine Jonson Patterns Travel Trio One
Travel Trio One - 1204

or McCalls 6404
M6404

I have both patterns in my enormous pattern stash, so I don't have to wait to order them.  I also have black ponte de roma in my even larger fabric stash (and I hope it is relatively easy to locate!), which is also ready to go.

Pants fitting has always been a bit of a touchy point for me as my size never seems to stay quite the same.  I really just need to buckle down and perfect a pattern, but I get bored of sewing the same pattern more than two or three times.  And I hate making a muslin, they always feel like a waste of time to me for some reason (quite possibly because I have limited sewing time and want to maximize the potential of that time), though it probably would go a long way in solving my pant fitting issues.

And in the "doing" category, I started the cream silky shirt/blouse.  I am absolutely horrified at how "loving hands at home" my collar stand looks.  I even went so far as to sign up for Sandra Betzina's Power Sewing Online School to watch videos of how Ron Collins makes his collars. Here's where you can link to the List of Shows. I am excited to try the method of altering the pattern for the collar to see how much better I can make it.

No sewing or knitting tonight, I've been sorting the candle orders from my recent Partylite party (eiyiyiyi - there was a lot of product!!!), and just hanging out with my daughter (who complains she can't hear the TV if the sewing machine is running).  She's coming around though, and has asked me to start sewing for her again. (Ah, the life of a college student who has no money for RTW fashions)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to meet you and see that you are starting off with your wardrobe basics! Happy you could join us in our sewalong!

    ReplyDelete