Friday, November 23, 2012

N'est pas bien dans ma peau aujourd'hui...

It's been a long week.  Not overly stressful, not overly tiring, just long.  I think the grey-ness of the day doesn't help either. The temperature here is supposed to drop from the loveliness we've been experiencing recently, and there's FLURRIES in the forecast!

But...I digress.  Today's one of those days where I just do not feel right in my skin.  My hair is bugging me, I'm just not feeling it.  I had a tough time figuring out what to wear this morning.  Nothing seemed just right.  Something casual (because it is Friday after all), comfortable and professional.  That's a tall order.  I opted to throw a few things together, but am still not 100% certain it's what I was aiming for.

One of those things is this, my new Marcy Tilton V8671. Yup, not the one I said I was working on the other day - sorry, mixed up the Marcy Tilton pattern numbers!  

V8671

It's two different fabrics, a rayon/lycra faux knit knit (as a knitter, I LOVE this!) and a cotton/lycra jersey. The instructions tell you to use the raw edges of the front panels, overlap and topstitch.  I folded over 3/8" of the top layer (in this case the faux knit knit fabric), applied Steam-a-Seam and ironed them together before top stitching.  The black just wasn't speaking to me, so I added a few squares of coordinating fabrics that I had simply serged and topstitched in place.  Kind of a fun detail, but I think it still needs something.  Maybe some bling on the squares?  Sequins and beads?  Maybe a silver charm or two?  I'm still dreaming of silkscreening in a silver colour. Anyone done this before?  What do I need to do to start?


I'm wearing this with a vest I made a few weeks ago:



and a pair of skinny jeans, with a great pair of riding/motorcycle boots that lace up the entire back.  

Maybe I need a different necklace or something...(shrugging)  Le sigh.

Up tonight - a massage (maybe that will get me out of the funk I'm in), and sewing something red:

V1124 -Sandra Betzina Sweater


I'm a sucker for the drapey sweater, and this one will be out of this:

Cuddly soft heathered wool blend sweater knit
What do you do to get out of a funk?

No comments:

Post a Comment