Friday, August 12, 2011

Yes, Virginia, There is Knitting Content...

Wow, a knitting blog with minimal knitting content.  Who knew???  Actually, today I have knitting progress to report!  I've been way to tired to do much in the way of sewing in the evenings lately.  I'll probably end up sewing pockets to the crotch seam - true story of a friend of mine, we don't let her forget it, it makes us laugh every time we talk about it. Crotch Pockets, right Gracie? < insert girlie giggling here> Anyway, I digress, and I'd like to keep this blog G-rated.


Where were we? Oh yes, knitting content.  I present my Mom's Cafe Curtain Ankle Socks, which were actually finished about a month and a half ago except for weaving in the ends due to the darning needle incident. The ends were finally woven in about a week ago, and here they are in all their blocked glory.  I did these toe up, starting with a star toe.  I used the leg and heel instructions from Cat Bordhi's Discovery Sock and just picked up the leg stitches in 2x2 rib.  I just flipped the chart of the Cafe Curtains pattern around and worked it upside down, which is my rough adaptation for toe up instead of cuff down.  I have no idea if the pattern turned out the way it was supposed but it looks pretty regardless.  And oh by the way, I LOVE the scent of SOAK. I bought a couple of different types a few weeks ago and I love them all!


But wait!  There's more!  Here is the progress on my Plain Vanilla socks:


The heels have been turned and I'm moving right along up the leg.  And I've got scheduled Car Knitting  this weekend on my way to and from a family reunion, so I'm hoping I can get them done by Sunday evening. Yes with Car Knitting with capitals, I'm excited that I don't have to drive and I get to spend time knitting.  I'm thinking of finishing them off with a 2x2 rib.  Simple but effective.

What am I going to do without any socks on the needles? (no, I am not considering that I still have My Vampire Boyfriend socks on the needles at this point - stoopid Vampire Boyfriend, it's a true love/hate relationship). I was hoping to get three shawls accomplished this summer, and it looks like that may not happen.  And, I've got Secret Knitting I need to start, and that will be a pair of socks.  And that's all I'm going to say.  Though I'm fairly certain the recipient does not read this blog.  Well, maybe next time you'll get a picture of the yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment