Thursday, September 29, 2011

There has been knitting - I swear!

I have a serious case of startitis.  Christmas is coming faster than you thing.  We're past the less than 3 months mark!  I have a ton of things to do on my list, and I am starting to think about whittling that list down.  I need some serious knitting time, but I also have a zillion other things on my plate right now, so the knitting time isn't likely to happen, at least as much

And funny enough, I feel not at all like starting the Christmas projects.  Who can knit Christmas projects when it's still 20 degrees C outside?  And when I've got sewing to do for my upcoming trip?  And when I'm being swayed by the siren song of other beautiful textures and colours?  Besides, isn't Socktoberfest starting soon???

What have I been working on, you may ask??  Well, in the past few weeks, I've started these:

Undulating Rib Socks, modified for toe up
See Jayne Knit Superwash Sock in Monach Butterfly

And these, the Chrysanthemums Mittens in MeiMei Sock Yarn in Cream, and Araucania Ranco Multy in Perfect Jeans:

The mittens were actually further than that, but I've had to tink them back due to operator error.

And then there are the projects without photos.

The yo, K2Tog scarf I started last night out of Estelle Drake.  I have a good excuse for starting ANOTHER project.  I was in the house, the socks were in the car and I didn't feel like going back outside.  And I was tired and needed a brainless project to add some colour and texture to my wardrobe.

And the baby sweater out of Sirdar Denim Chunky.  It's from a heavily modified pattern that is turning out in weird proportions.  It may go the way of the lily pad, but I haven't had the heart to do it yet.

See...there has been knitting :)  With hopefully more knitting time this weekend when the weather turns cooler and rainy.

No comments:

Post a Comment