Thursday, June 12, 2014

And Still More!

Not a brilliant title for this post, but you definitely know what's coming when you read it...

I finished a few more tops.  You *may* note that my productivity seems to be slowing down a bit, mostly because the darned work thing is getting in the way, but I also had to work on some homework for my Sleeveless Tops and Dresses pattern drafting course.  And of course, it's the evening and I've already put in a full day with work and the other usual life stuff, so my brain is on autopilot while I'm doing this.

Here's a few more Loes Hinse patterns sewn up:

LH Garbo Jacket, cardiganized and lengthened
neckline as per Possibilities - I Can't Wear Black online seminar
Fabric from Fabricland  in Burlington, medium weight sweater knit

LH Perfect Tee, as per pattern
Fabric is the same as above cardigan

LH Perfect Tee, as per pattern
Fabric - lightweight burnout jersey knit (sooo soft!!), also from
the Burlington Fabricland

LH Perfect Tee, with scoop neck and long sleeves
Fabric is the same as above short sleeve tee
This will be a perfect layering piece for slightly cooler weather

LH Perfect Tee with elbow length sleeves
Fabric is really unusual - ruched or textured and embroidered jersey
with an attached stabilizer fabric
Also from the Burlington Fabricland

Close up of ruched, textured and embroidered fabric 
Last night, I traced off my pattern for class - a vest, and cut it out of the lining fabric that is going to take place of our mock-up.  I basted it all together as well.  I also cut out a pair of cropped Oxford pants out of a tan striped fabric, that I have modified or "tweaked" to include a front fly zipper and a waistband.  I also cut a coordinating Bolero Multiples jacket out - the body is in a cream crepe and the centre fronts out of the same striped tan fabric as the cropped pants.

Tonight I'm out shopping with my daughter, looking for particular shoes and belts to coordinate with this wardrobe (black espadrilles, silver/gold metallic flats, a wide black belt to be worn on my waist and some chunky longer length necklaces).  If I am up to it when I get back, then I will be setting up the machine for buttons so I can complete all of the cardigans!

No comments:

Post a Comment