Friday, November 2, 2012

Christmas is COMING!!!

Halloween is done.  I was not responsible for sewing ANY costumes this year.  I think this is the first year EVER that I have not had to work on any costumes.  It is a little sad, actually.  Maybe next year I will do one for myself, regardless of whether I have some where to wear it or not.  Even just handing out candy?

Well...now that Halloween has come and gone, it is time to start thinking Christmas!  YAY!  I love Christmas, the whole feeling that comes with the holiday season.  Not the crazy, fight-over-the-parking-spot-at-the-mall feeling, but the homemade gift, baked-cookies-fresh-from-the-oven, family-get-togethers feeling. I am turning my mind to the holiday season, which for me, also means holiday dressing.  NO...not stuffing (but there will be that too), but holiday dresses, and fancy parties.

I pulled a few patterns from my horrifically unorganized pattern stash (mental note for New Year's Goals!!), and narrowed my choices down to these:

Butterick 5542

McCalls 5878

Vogue 7277

Vogue 7510

Vogue-this-is-what-happens-when-you-take-photos-early-in-the-morning
I-cut-the-number-off...


I will definitely be making a short dress, the party I usually dress up for is essentially a fancy restaurant dinner and drinks - so any of the long ones will be shortened to knee length.  I love the ease, fit and comfort of the knit dresses, but I think McCalls 5878 is really cute, but I will be lengthening it to suit my comfort level.  That being said, I love the drama of a gorgeous back, but when I'm sitting down to dinner, you cannot see my back!  The last Vogue is very dramatic, in a knit, and looks stunning from both front and back!  Do you see my dilemma?  I guess a lot will depend on what fabric I have available to me (aka what's in the fabric stash? - mental note #2 - another New Year's Goal!)

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment