Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Finished the Pants (but you'll just have to believe me...)

Last night I finished my grey trousers.  You'll just have to take my word for it for the time being, because other than really really lousy cell phone pictures, I haven't coerced my photographer yet.  I'm not 100% happy with the fit, but I have been successful in removing the excess fabric that used to hang and bunch at the upper back thigh area.  But, I guess they're still better than what I would have "settled" for if I had to rely on the mall for clothes.   I will try again when I get back from my upcoming vacation.

I also finished another Marcy Tilton tee - another V8636.  Yup, love a TNT for ease and flexibility.

V8636 - Marcy Tilton pattern
Ignore the drag lines on the hips, it was late and by the time I realized the top wasn't on the dressform properly, I was already heading up to bed.  I'm toying with the idea of silk screening - it certainly would add some pizzazz to this top, which for the time being is rather...dull and plain, and quite casual, which really wasn't what I was going for.  Maybe I'll add some surface embellishment with texture...I'll have to think about it for a bit.

I've also decided to join the RTW Fasters group. RTW Fasters Webpage I know, I know...I'm such a joiner, and I usually can't follow through (sometimes with really good reasons, though!).  But this comes with some serious contemplation.  I'm really really trying hard to cut back on my budget, and with a fabric (and yarn) stash that I will probably not use in my entire life (literally, folks!), there really is absolutely no reason for me to go out and buy clothes.  I am also frustrated with the "same-ness" of every store in the local mall.  They all have the SAME thing!  Add to that the fitting issues I have with RTW and I feel frustrated and disappointed every time I make a trip to the mall. So...RTW Fasting it is!  I'm excited!

Up next...more tees from Marcy Tilton V8636, in a variety of fabrics, some tunics from Marcy's V8582 and some quick and easy leggings from M6404.
V8636
V8636
V8582

Line Art
M6404

No comments:

Post a Comment