Tuesday, February 4, 2014

FO and Pattern Review Vogue 9771

Sooooo...I was "supposed" to be working on my WIP Faux Fur Coat, but I needed to buy interlining in order to keep sewing on it.  I did in fact find some lovely green flannelette (I was tempted to get the one with the crazy print because no one but me would know it was there, but it wasn't on sale).  But, I had forgotten that I needed to pretreat the flannelette, and washing and drying a quantity of it takes time.  Soooo...while I was waiting for the interlining to be done, I cut and sewed this:

Vogue 9771

V9771
www.voguepatterns.mccall.com

Pattern Description: Semi-fitted, pullover top has bias front and back, and short or long sleeves. C: sleeveless.  I would add that it obviously has a cowl neckline at the front.  I made View B with the long sleeves.

Pattern Sizing:  6-8-10, 12-14-16, 18-20-22  I made size 16, which is my standard Vogue size.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?  Yes, it does.
Front Vogue 9771

Were the instructions easy to follow?  The instructions were very easy to follow.  I only glanced at them though, as this is pretty simple to put together.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?  I love the drape of the cowl when cut on the bias.  It is certainly a feminine flattering blouse.  I was worried it would be a bit dated or matronly, but I don't think it turned out that way at all (even in my poly fabric!).

Fabric Used:  Some type of lightweight poly woven that my mom gave me when she was culling her stash of fashion fabrics.

Side View Vogue 9771
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:  I did a cheater  FBA by bumping out the side seams at the bustline by about 1/2".  I figured that the bias cut would help the fabric ease around the bustline.  I think next time I will have to add some width to the sleeves to accommodate my muscular biceps and forearms as they are a little tight.

Back view Vogue 9771
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?  I am going to sew it again - it took less time to sew than to cut out, and there were only four pieces!  I think that I will be sewing all versions for the upcoming spring season.

Conclusion:  A great quick and easy top that is pretty and feminine.




No comments:

Post a Comment