Friday, January 5, 2018

Goals Check In & January Goals

So I totally missed my goals post for December.  It was a very busy month - I had the majority of my house painted, we moved our office from one city to another about 100 km away, I reorganized the majority of the two main levels of my house at least three times, and I had to dismantle my yarn room to make way for a home office.  Plus, Christmas (need I say more?!) and I had a lot of family and friends visiting - which I absolutely loved but takes time away from the other things I like to do.

So, I'll do a bit of a time warp.  Here’s a wrap up of the goals I was aiming for in November (the extra month really gave me an edge on finishing them!):

Knitting
1.  Finish Christmas socks for Steve & Sara  Done!

2.  Start and finish a Christmas sweater for Deklan (my cutie patootie grandson who will be celebrating his first Christmas this year) I have the yarn wound up and the pattern picked, but didn't get this started.  It will be my next cast on after I've finished up a few other things currently on my needles.

3.  Finish heels in the remaining three pairs of socks  Done!

Sewing
1.  Order fabric for the family Christmas flannel pants (I'm cheating a bit on this one, because I actually did this yesterday).  Did you know you can order online from Fabricland (my local chain fabric store)?  It's actually their head office in Quebec, but shipping is super cheap and no worries about exchange rates or customs fees for us Canadians!  I can justify ordering online because not many places have 15 meters of the same flannelette available!  Done! 

2.  Sew said family Christmas flannel pants (I have five adults and one baby to sew these for).  I usually use a production line style of sewing for these so it doesn't take more than an evening for one or two pairs. I finished all of them, and they all fit with the exception of my grandson's pair.  I have a bit of flannel left over and will make another smaller pair for him to be able to wear now.

3.  Choose dress pattern for Christmas work party dress, and pull fabric from the stash.  Totally rocked this one.  It was so nice to have a friend to help me with the fitting of this dress

4.  Make a list of Christmas events that I will be attending, and figure out what I'm wearing (note to self:  be realistic here with what you can actually sew for these events!) Rocked this one too!  I made a pair of red jeans to wear with a Blackwood cardigan and an Agnes top for one event, and I made a pair of sparkle-ly skinny jeans and a black off the shoulder/cowl top to wear to another event.

5.  Make one Blackwood cardigan Done.  In fact, I made three!

6.  Make one Toaster sweater Nope, haven’t done this one yet.  

Reading

1.  Finish Darkness Falls by Frank Tallis Done, another great book in this series.

2.  Finish Knight's Crossing by Christine Kling not finished, but I'm close!

3.  Choose next fiction book (probably the next Louise Penny book in her series I've been reading - I bought the Kindle version of this a while ago and really want to get back into this series)

4.  Continue reading Crucial Conversations 

I posted my 2018 goals earlier, and will keep those in mind when I'm picking my goals for January.

Knitting

1.  Finish Autumn Woods socks - first sock is finished, casting on the second pair today.
2.  Finish Rikke hat.
3.  Finish Henry the Chipmunk.  All I have to do is the eyes, but for whatever reason it's been sitting on my shelf not finished for A-G-E-S.
4.  Machine knit a sweater for Deklan (my grandson)
5.  Chose and spin one braid from my stash.

Sewing

1.  Sew another Boylston bra (kind of cheating since this is already cut out and ready to sew)
2.  Sew a Fenway bra
3.  Chose a pattern from Burda magazine for lounge wear (I change every evening after dinner to flannel pants, and I think it's time to upgrade).
4.  Plan and post my late Winter/early Spring SWAP plans.
5.  Trace and sew one Toaster sweater.

Reading

1.  Finish King's Crossing by Christine Kling
2.  Finish Crucial Conversations
3.  Finish You, Inc.
4.  Chose next fiction book
5.  Start reading Tribe of Mentors by Timothy Ferris
6.  Start reading Leaning In (received this one for Christmas from my Dad)

Health/Fitness

I've changed this title from original title of Physical Health/Fitness, because I need to pay attention to my emotional health and mental health too.

1.  Yoga with Adriene at least 3x/week.
2.  Go to bed at 10 pm.
3. Decrease alcohol intake during the week.
4.  Meditate 3x/week.

No comments:

Post a Comment