Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Oh My. Bad Blogger

How on earth did this happen?  The past two weeks feel like they've been sucked into some type of time vortex.  I look up, and here we are - July 20th already!  Work got a little busy, and that's what I've been doing with most of my time lately.

However, there has been some knitting.  Just a little, a row here and there, mostly as a stress release.  I get a little cranky if I don't get my fix.  It's been HOT HOT HOT, so I took some time in the shade of the backyard to start this:

Trinity Shawlette, Chart 1

And, it's grown to this:


Actually, it's grown even more, but I don't have the photographic proof quite yet.  I'm using the sparkly no-name yarn from Knitting Three Together that I bought while I was on vacation. I wish I knew what it was - I absolutely love this stuff.  Soft and squishy, with a hint of sparkle.  I figured it was much too pretty for socks. I've got it to the point where I'm working on the border chart. My knitting is FULL of errors, but it looks pretty just the same.  My knitting friends tell me that it looks lovely and they can't find the errors.  I can see them plain as day, but I guess that's how we always are, finding our own faults.  Anyway, the plan is to cast on for the next version (only using Chart 2) as soon as I've blocked this one.

And, there was some frogging:

My Vampire Boyfriend is no more
The My Vampire Boyfriend socks. Ah, yes.  *Those* They've been hibernating for, ahem, a while.  So long ago, I don't even remember when I started them.  Before Christmas, I think.   I couldn't figure out where I was in the chart and decided this was the easiest way to deal with it.  I cast them back on, though.  I'm doing them two at a a time, cuff down.

I've also been working on my Toe Up Plain Vanilla Version 2.2, but again, no photographic proof.  They're coming along nicely. I'm working on the gusset increases right now - following one of Wendy Knits' patterns.  They'll make great beach knitting when I'm away this weekend.

I got this in the mail:


Lovely yarn from See Jayne Knit.  I can't wait to get started on something, *anything* from this yarn.  It's all SO lovely!  I'm thinking maybe the Trinity 2.0 from the yarn on the left.  I'll have to wind it tonight to make sure I can take it with me on our mini-vaca this weekend.

One last thing - I'm thinking of purchasing a spinning wheel and have started doing the research.  If anyone out there in bloggerland is actually reading my blog and spins, I'd love to hear from you.  Please let me know your experiences and which wheel you chose and why.  I'm saving up for one, and hopefully will be able to have it in my yarn room by Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment